Throughout our organization, we adhere to four core values:
1. Caring: We serve with compassion and empathy
2. Respect: We treat all people with dignity and consideration
3. Participation: As team members we all work together in a helping relationship
4. Courage: We have the strength to be independent and unique
The Big Picture
- Volunteers generously offer their time to the thrift shops — both in the stores and behind the scenes.
- They receive and prepare generously donated goods from the community and offer them for sale in their respective locations.
- The thrift shops welcome customers and assist them while shopping for goods.
- The sales raise funds for the West Island Volunteer Health Support Foundation.
- The foundation supports VON-NOVA West Island. (our charitable healthcare organization)
- The efforts of the volunteers allow the thrift shops to raise and donate half a million dollars a year to VON-NOVA West Island.